About

rotundaCatholic Student Ministry on the Grounds of the University of Virginia began in 1943 with the creation of the first Newman Club and Center. It continued to grow in 1959 with the arrival of the first Dominican Friars of the Province of St. Joseph. Over the next 50 years, the ministry grew exponentially, and eventually necessitated the construction of a parish: St. Thomas Aquinas University Parish, which has grown into a fully functioning family parish in the Catholic Diocese of Richmond, serving the greater Charlottesville / Albemarle community.